I’ve only been to Morocco twice but it has captured my heart ever since my first trip.
Here are a few reasons why:
1. Everytime you step into the streets, it feels like you’re going back in time. It’s a Muslim country, so you’d expect it to be conservative but it’s actually pretty modern and you can be yourself there without getting in trouble.
2. Shopping is so much fun! The prices are really affordable plus there are so many unique items to buy like carpets, bags, argan oil, and so much more.
3. The people are open minded, and nice! A lot of them can actually speak in English, so it wouldn’t be super hard to communicate with them, plus Moroccans are very friendly.
4. I got the chance to sleep under the stars in the Sahara desert! It was an experience that I would never forget. It was so surreal, and felt like I was dreaming because of how beautiful it was.
5. The riads in Marrakech are so beautiful, every single one I saw was just breathtaking. During this trip, I made it a point to stay in both small and big hotels, to get a good feel of the place but there really was something special about the riads.
6. Authentic Moroccan food is so delicious!
The only thing that happened that wasn’t so great, was the fact that my drone was confiscated but even that didn’t dampen the great time I had at Morocco, especially because I was able to get a massage and do hammam for three hours!
I’m excited to share that we’re planning to launch an expedition next year for Africa, and Morocco would be the starting point because fun fact, Morocco is actually part of Africa! It’s not really your typical Africa with the safari, but that’s what makes it unique and different.
During the expedition we would be working with locals and getting in touch with them directly, to get the full experience. I’m proud to say that that’s one of the contributions of Access, providing jobs and opportunities for businesses not just here in the Philippines but also abroad.
I hope to get to travel with you soon!